Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I Am...I Said





"Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated." --Samuel Langhorne Clemens



October has nearly come and gone. It has been fairly relaxing for us. Up until this past weekend we have done very little of note. Fortunately, or unfortunately, the next few weeks will be quite a bit busier. I will do my best to keep everyone informed. Starting off, we just got back from Oklahoma. We bought my Dad tickets for his birthday to see Neil Diamond in Oklahoma City. Neil is 67 years old and showing no signs of stopping. We all had a fantastic time, even though Tiffany and I were amongst the youngest people there. Actually there were people of all ages there, but a lot more gray hair than the shows that we usually attend. The show was a little over two hours and a great mix of old and new songs. If given the chance, I would see him again.

Earlier in the day, we made a stop at the Oklahoma City Memorial site. The memorial was quite impressive, and there was a nice museum with tons of information about the bombing and the building itself. I just don't understand how anyone could kill innocent people like that. I have included a few pictures which will probably not do it justice. There is a reflecting pool between two walls. One wall has 9:01, which signifies the time before the bombing. The other wall reads 9:03, and represents the time afterwards in which the world would be forever changed. The chairs outside represent the 168 people who died in the blast. The shorter ones represent children. I would definitely recommend seeing this to anyone who makes it to Oklahoma City. It really gives you a lot to think about.

1 comment:

  1. Dad and I (and all our gray hair) had a GREAT time at the concert with you and Tiffany. Thanks so much for the concert--it was tons of fun to share the evening with you. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete