Sunday, March 21, 2010

Operation: Sippy Cup

These pictures are a couple of weeks old.  I was trying to get some others up here, but for some reason Google won't upload some of my pictures.  I guess I will keep trying.  I know there are some people out there (my mother) who cannot have enough pictures.  It has been an eventful couple of weeks.  We made a trip to Amarillo to visit Tiffany's grandmother who had not yet seen the baby.  Over the course of the weekend, all of us ended up with a stomach virus.  It was not pretty, and I will spare you the details here.  After making the long drive back home, neither of us ate much for about three days.  I didn't mind, as I could afford to lose the weight.  Since then, things have pretty much gone back to normal.  By normal, I mean dividing my time between work and watching the baby.  A year ago I would have given you an entirely different definition.  We do still manage to get out some, but life seems to have slowed down a bit.  Ethan is now pulling himself up on all of the furniture.  We have removed all sharp objects from lower shelves in the house.  He continues to grow at an alarming rate.  Due to my previous experience with baby math, I can safely say that he is nine months old this week.  I expect him to be walking any day.  I'm pretty sure he is advanced for his age, both mentally and physically.  This is based on nothing scientific and just my own observations.  I do work with the public though, and he seems more intelligent than many of the people I deal with everyday.  I was about to wrap this up, but I just realized that two hours ago when I started this post I gave it a clever name.  I hate to leave readers in suspense (not really), so here is where it came from.  Yesterday, Tiffany decided that today would be a good day to see if Ethan could drink from a sippy cup.  I'm not even sure sippy is a word.  Let me add that Tiffany is at work today, so actually she decided that I would be around to clean up this mess.  We did get some milk into his mouth, but not enough to call it a success.  At this point we will just call it a work in progress.  Ethan did enjoy every minute of it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment