Thursday, February 16, 2012

Life support


Today I realized that what used to be a blog that I wrote a couple of times a week has pretty much become a quarterly newsletter.  It isn't that I don't want to write it.  In fact, there are several times a day where something happens that might be blog-worthy.  I'm just not that good at the follow through.  There is so much social media out there and I just don't know how to use it properly.  Do I tweet it?  Do I Facebook it?  Maybe I should save it for Google Plus.  Maybe this blog is the old fashioned way, and maybe I'm too old for that other stuff anyway.  I did eat lunch today with a friend who is much less tech savvy than I am.  He won't be reading this.





















I am not going to attempt to catch you up on the last couple of months.  Basically, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and a couple of lesser holidays have passed us by.  January was a rough month, and I am glad it is over.  We are gearing up the next major holiday, which of course is my birthday.  You don't have to buy me anything nice.  Large boxes of cash left on my doorstep will be perfectly fine.  My birthday plan this year is as follows:  cabin rented outside of Fredricksburg, wine, food, good conversation with my best friend, his wife, and no kids.  I do love my child, but sometimes I love him from a distance.  Here is a cute little story that my wife will love, and my mother will probably roll her eyes at.  I was driving Ethan to daycare this morning.  The radio is on, and when the song changes, he asks me, "Is this Metallica, Dad?"  He was right.  It was Metallica.  Not only is my boy a genius, but he has excellent musical taste.  I can't wait until he is old enough to go to shows with us.  That said, his mother and I have plans to see a couple of shows without him this summer.  Metallica is playing in Paris in May.  We were already talking about going to France anyway, and so we just built a trip around that.  It seems perfectly logical to me.  In June, Metallica is headlining their own music festival in Atlantic City.  We had kind of a Sophie's Choice situation between these shows and the one in France.  In the end, we made the responsible decision to go to both.  For you statistics people, I think this puts me over 20 Metallica shows.  Last month I saw Tool for the 15th time.  It was amazing as always.  The Toadies are coming back to Abilene in April, which is always a good time.  All in all, 2012 started off pretty crappy, but I think it is looking up.  Hopefully it will not be another three months until the next blog.  If it is, just know that I am having a good time, and I will tell you about it when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment