Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Royale with Cheese





I'm sorry.  It's been over a month since my last confesstion.  It's weird too, because this website looks completely different than it did last time.  I guess I will just wing it and see what happens.  Quite often, I upload the pictures first, which usually inspires (reminds) me to write about something.  I'm not going to do that this time, and I'll tell you why.  About a week ago, I came home to a dead computer.  One could argue that a computer was never really alive in the first place, but as a huge fan of the Terminator franchise, I will disagree with you.  I still think Judgment Day is coming.  Before I get too carried away, I didn't lose much from this massive hardware failure, except for a lot of time.  I am a responsible individual who occasionally makes a backup of important things.  All of the pictures I have taken since my last backup are still on my camera.  I am currently typing this from my laptop.  I can't reach the camera from here, and I am pretty comfortable in this chair, so the pictures will have to come later.  Yesterday I came home from work to find that the refrigerator door was open.  It's possible that I didn't close it after I finished with breakfast.  It's also possible that my innocent looking two-year old opened it.  After interviewing all possible suspects, I believe it to be the cat's fault.  The good news here is that we got to clean out the fridge, which should be done once in a while anyway.  The bad news is that we had to make new dinner plans, as well as make a trip to the store to replace a few items.  It wasn't the way I intended to start my vacation, but that's life.  Tiffany and I are leaving tomorrow for Paris.  I am so excited to have a few days off.  Perhaps in a future blog I will discuss whatever it is we actually do, but for now all I can tell you is what we have planned.  Friday morning we booked a tour (en Anglais) of the Palace of Versailles.  I think this is going to be good stuff.  Who doesn't want to see how French royalty lived?  Seriously, I think it is going to be cool.  The only other thing on our agenda is the Metallica concert on Saturday night.  In addition to our front of stage pit tickets, we found out last week that we won Snake Pit passes through the Metallica Club.  I will snag a picture off the internet so you know what I'm talking about, but basically we will be as close as we could possibly get.  They are celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Black album on this tour, and the snake pit was a part of the stage back then.  I missed that tour, as I was only 13 and lived under the dictatorship of my parents.  We are super excited to be attending this show.  It is a sold out show at the Stade de France, which is the national football (soccer) stadium.  It holds 80,000 people, which is the second largest concert I have ever been to.  This will be my 19th Metallica show, but my first one on another continent.  Other than that, we have no real plans.  I know are going to spend some time at the Louvre, and probably some other touristy places.  Is it weird that I want to go into a McDonalds and order a Royale with Cheese?  Some of you know what I'm talking about, and the rest of you never will.  My guess is that a McDonalds hamburger tastes like crap no matter what language you order it in.  They do have free wi-fi, so I may abuse that a little.


OK, I just got the pictures uploaded.  The first picture is from Easter.  The rest of them are from the Murray family reunion at Lake Brownwood.  The reunion was fun as always.  We all ate too much.  Ethan spent his time blowing bubbles, flying his toy plane, and throwing rocks into the lake.  Kids are so easily entertained.  Oh, and I found a good picture of the snake pit from Prague.  Enjoy, and I will talk to you when I get back.


No comments:

Post a Comment