Monday, August 31, 2009

Workin' for the Weekend




It was another exciting weekend around here. Friday night my Aunt Vicki and MeMaw watched Ethan for a few hours so that we could go out with some friends. We went to see Bowling for Soup at a bar here in town. They were fantastic as always. Ethan was asleep when we got home around midnight, and he slept until 7 the next morning. Saturday morning I had to get up anyway to go to a funeral for our great family friend Jim McKeever. Big Jim used to cut my hair when I was a kid, and while I was getting ready I looked in the mirror and couldn't help thinking that he would never let my hair have gotten as out of control as it is now. The services were nice, and it was good to see some of his family that I haven't seen in a long time. Later that afternoon, we went by and visited with Granny for a little while. Ethan seemed pretty content to sit in her lap for quite a while. We also got to check out his baby quilt which is almost finished. After that we had to make a shopping trip to replenish our pantry. We had pretty much been living off bread and water for the last couple of days. Actually, I think it was just water. We finished the bread the other day. That went fine, and Ethan slept the entire time. I had hoped Sunday would be a little more relaxing, and I guess it was. We didn't do much around the house, but I did get a call from my friend Brad. It was good to visit with him for a little bit. We spent a couple of hours at Fort Phantom fishing, or at least scaring the fish away. We still had fun. I guess that about covers it. I know most of you only want to see pictures of the baby anyway. Hopefully this will cover me for a couple of days.

2 comments:

  1. Love the new pictures--will put one on my computer desktop now. Can't wait to see you all--will make it there soon. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete