Sunday, July 20, 2008

Arachnophobia



Life is never dull. Tiffany's grandfather passed away this week, so we made a trip to New Mexico for the funeral. I wish the circumstances had been better, but we did enjoy spending some time with her family. We got home late on Friday night, and have spent most of the weekend around the house. We did get out yesterday for a little while to run a few errands and to go to the movies. Of course I'm talking about the new Batman movie, The Dark Knight. We both liked it. I would rank it right up there with two of the greatest sequels of all time: The Empire Strikes Back and The Godfather Part II. It is much darker than the last one, but the acting is superb throughout. With the money it has already made this weekend, I am sure there will be another one. Personally, I can't wait. In other exciting news, I think we are being invaded by spiders. Before last month I had only seen about two black widows in my entire life. I have probably killed about six since last week. It's not that I'm afraid of spiders; I just don't want them on my porch. Other than pest extermination, we don't have any big plans for the next couple of weeks. Unless plans change, I will have to make something up to put on the blog. Something will probably come up. If not, there will probably still be spiders.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, it's DEFINITELY time for you to make friends with the pest exterminator guy!!
    Kimberly killed a CORAL SNAKE in her yard the other day in Austin.
    What's up with all the creepy crawlies??? Yuck, I hate creepy crawlies!!!
    Y'all take care--- it's sure nice up here in the mountains--- like 84 degrees tops this past week. :-)
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call the exterminator!!! Your mother is afraid of spiders!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's called a house spider, Brian. They're rather harmless and common in your area. It's far too big to be a black widow, the body shape is wrong, and you usually don't find black widows very far off the ground. You could keep that one as a pet.

    ReplyDelete