Saturday, July 26, 2008

You say tomato...


It's been almost a week, and I'm happy to report that the spider situation is under control. I would also like to mention that Jeremy, the spider expert (weirdo), has pointed out that the spider in the pictures is not actually a black widow. I'm not saying I was wrong, but I will admit that I didn't examine that one too closely before I took the picture. I needed a picture for the blog, and the spider in question was the only one posing for the camera. I am quite sure however that there were black widows on my porch. If another one shows up, I will get a picture and right all wrongs I have done to the spider community. Now that all of the spiders are dead, I will have to dig a little deeper for something interesting. Tonight I went to the fridge. Last week in New Mexico, we stopped at a roadside fruit stand to pick up a couple of things. I am food adventurous, so I am always looking to try new things. On this particular day, I discovered tomato preserves. It's good on biscuits; it's good on a turkey sandwich. I'm sure it's good on a ton of other things. I will let you know. If you are wondering where you can pick up a jar of this wonderful concoction, you can click here. Amazon has a few different brands as well, but wouldn't you rather support a small business? We have bought other things from there as well, and everything has been good.

1 comment:

  1. Brian, I can't believe that you're such a pansy. I hatched black widows in my office for fun. Enjoy the massive swarms of insects that will invade now that the spiders are gone.

    ReplyDelete