Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Ides of July





Some weeks I have a lot to write about. Some weeks I don't. Some weeks I have a lot to write about, but I don't get to it until about two weeks later. Currently I am blaming Guitar Hero. Tiffany spent two weeks in Midland training for her new job. While she was gone, I made a quick trip to Colorado for a wedding. My friend Travis Uhlenhopp got married over the holiday weekend. It was wonderful to see the entire Uhlenhopp family. The last time I had seen any of them was at our wedding in 2000. There were a couple of the groomsmen who I hadn't seen since 1992. It's always good to see old friends, as well as my favorite (only) sister who was in the wedding. By the way, the guy in the picture with me (not the one with my dad) is Callie's date Ben. In another chance encounter with old friends, this Friday we had lunch with another friend of ours. I met Jerry when Tiffany was living in Midland, and we have kept up via email ever since. He has been living in Louisiana for the last several years, but they stopped here on their way to visit family in Midland. I'm not sure how long it has been since we have seen them, but I'm sure it's been a long time. Things are starting to get back to normal around here. Tiffany is settling in as the cosmetics manager. It seems like she's home a lot more, so I guess it's good that we still like each other. Since she is working normal hours now, we are going to try and drive to work together a couple of times a week. Mostly this is in the interest of saving gas. I don't know what we were thinking moving further away. I don't think anything else is going on this week. I think it might rain tonight, which is what constitutes big news in West Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment