Wednesday, April 15, 2009

15 minutes

Warhol said everyone will be famous for 15 minutes. I'm thinking I might have come closer to half an hour. I had my name in the paper for the second time in less than a week. It's really bizarre to me that people even read the paper in this town. After loosely quoting me in the previous article, they decided to print my original letter to the editor. Maybe it sounds a little negative, but I still agree with everything I said. It's probably better that I wrote it on Saturday. Now that I have had a few days to think about it, there is a lot more I wish I had said. If anyone wants to read the letter to the editor, you can find it here. As best I can tell, it is completely in tact. They did change the title. I guess I can live with it, even if it is lame. Nothing has really come of any of this anyway. The police seem to have differences of opinion depending on who you ask. Some say noise complaints, others cite bar closing time. The promoter blames the bar. The bar blames the band. Unofficially, we all know it's because Abilene hates rock music. There is another show at the same bar on Sunday night. I haven't decided if we are going to go or not. Either way, I will be curious to see what happens. I am going to try and keep my name out of the paper for the rest of the week.

1 comment:

  1. I love that Abilene Media only reports what they want to. Until your comment response on your letter, no one even aknowledged the fact that the bar closed EARLY. Ugh. Come see us for some shows soon. We'll even babysit some if we don't want to go. :)

    ReplyDelete