Monday, October 25, 2010

The Great Pumpkin



This will probably be my last official blog before we leave for New York.  I know that makes you sad, but I promise you will not miss me that much.  Actually I do have a few things that I plan to post later in the week.  I guess that means that this blog started out as a lie.  The only thing I can say to that is, "Don't believe everything you read on the internet."  Saturday we had planned to get out and run a few errands around town in preparation for our trip.  Unfortunately, it rained all morning.  Now I don't mind the rain so much, but trying to deal with a small wet child didn't sound so appealing.  I was going to use the word infant in that last sentence, but then it occured to me that he might be a toddler.  Someone is going to have to school me on those words.  I'm not sure I know the difference.  I know a toddler is older I guess, but I have no idea when one becomes a toddler.  He is currently 16 months old, so whatever category he falls into is fine with me.  Clearly I'm guilty of this, but why do people refer to their children's age in months?  Why can't he just be 1?  I don't go around telling people that I am 404 months old, or that Tiffany is---well nevermind.  It just seems kind of crazy.  I can see that like many of these blogs I have gone off on a tangent.  Without them though, this blog would be considerably shorter and less interesting.  To get back on topic, Sunday was a little more productive.  We came home after church and prepared our gourmet lunch of tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.  Grilled cheese is probably one of Tiffany's top three foods, and we are always on a quest for the perfect sandwich.  This week was colby jack on potato bread.  I know it's simple, but taste buds don't lie.  It was amazing.  After a short nap for Tiffany and Ethan, we headed out to the DRI pumpkin patch.  We did this last year and got some pretty good pictures, but Ethan was much more interested in running around outside than actually posing for the camera.  We did get a few images worth keeping.  This morning I have been tinkering around on the computer a bit.  Somehow my iTunes library got corrupted.  Fortunately I have a backup, but it is still a process when you have over 12000 songs.  It does seem to be working now, which is a good thing.  You can't take a trip without your tunes.  Well, I have a few things to do around the house before I head to work.  Have a great week, cheer for the Rangers, and I will see you when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment