Thursday, November 4, 2010

"10"

I had planned to find some pictures of each of our New York trips for this blog, but life is busy these days and I just didn't get it done.  Photos from the first trip were shot on film, which means they are not readily available like the newer stuff.  There is actually only one picture from our honeymoon that has both of us in it.  It was taken inside the crown of the Statue of Liberty, where I knew nobody could run away with my camera.  That photo hangs in our living room today, and it is still one of favorite pictures.  Though I don't think it looks like us anymore, Ethan is able to point out both Mom and Dad in that picture.  I do think he is a genius though.  I have scans of most of the wedding pictures, and I had a good time looking through them once again.  It was a fun day for everyone, and not near as boring as most weddings.  I'm pretty sure I'm not biased.  Our family has changed a lot since then.  There are many new faces, as well as a few who are no longer with us.  Thanks to everyone who made that day special and everyone who has helped us along the way. Finally, thanks to my wonderful bride who has managed to stick with me for an entire decade.  Happy Anniversary!

To my friend Erin, who reads this blog:  I'm still sorry that your boss made you work on our wedding day.

I just realized that I got so caught up in the sentimentality of the day that I forgot to mention what we are doing.  We have tickets to Late Night With Jimmy Fallon!  I have been a huge fan of his since he was on Saturday Night Live, and I find myself watching his show more and more all the time.  I am super excited.  The only downside here is that I had to get this tickets with no idea who was booked for the show.  It turns out that the guest is Dr. Phil and Duffy (whoever that is) is the musical guest.  Tiffany is pumped about seeing Dr. Phil.  I could care less, but it's really Jimmy that I wanted to see anyway.  Despite the name of the show, it is actually recorded at 5:30.  We should be done in time to catch a nice dinner or perhaps another Broadway production.  Tomorrow we head home.

No comments:

Post a Comment