Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Pound of Flesh

Happy Election Day!  Get out there and let the world hear your voice.  You know I don't need a special day to share my opinion.  We had to vote early since we are out of state.  I actually like the convenience of early voting anyway.  There are no lines, and I can vote at places like the mall.


Hooahh!  Tonight we are going to see Al Pacino in William Shakespeare's The Merchant of Venice.  Seriously, what else do you need to know?  This is a limited engagement, and actually it is still in previews until November 7.  That means nothing to me.  I can't imagine they are changing much in regards to a play that is over 400 years old.  We were so excited to see Pacino in person that we had to rearrange our whole schedule for these tickets.  Dare I say it was an offer we couldn't refuse?  There is a film version of this from 2003 which we watched recently.  It was decent, but I am excited to see it in a staged production.  It's kind of a downer of a play, but did I mention that Al Pacino was in it?  He is playing Shylock, and some other people are probably playing the other parts.  That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment