Sunday, June 15, 2008

Day 2: Metalliroo







I actually started writing this post Saturday morning, but I didn't manage to get it finished. I am trying to sqeeze in a few hours of sleep. Just pretend you're getting these updates in real time. I will try to remember what happened two days ago. It will work out fine for everyone.

Friday was a tough day at Bonnaroo. Unfortunately, several bands that we wanted to see were on different stages at the same time. We made an effort to catch at least part of the sets of several bands. We started out with Umphrey's McGee, followed by the great Les Claypool. After that we headed to the main stage for The Raconteurs, then back to the Which Stage for some Willie Nelson. We made a final trip to the main stage (which is actually called the What Stage) for comedian Chris Rock and Metallica. Rock was hilarious, and Metallica sounded better than they have in years. I think it was probably the first Metallica show for most of the people here (it's #11 for me), but everyone around us seemed to be having a good time. The place was packed. Afterwards, we went to get some food and settle in for some late night jams from My Morning Jacket. No sooner had we sat down than it started pouring rain. We found some shelter and were able to enjoy the band for a little while before heading back to the hotel. Saturday was another crazy day. We didn't get in until after the sun was up. I will probably try to post again later. In case I don't make it, Happy Father's Day, dad.

1 comment:

  1. Was Willie Nelson good? We get to see him next month here. Sounds like you had a great time!
    Charla

    ReplyDelete