Monday, June 23, 2008

last Monday






I still have a few pictures from our trip to Tennessee. You might as well enjoy these, because I haven't taken any pictures this week. I guess I could get some of me at work if that would be interesting. Tiffany is in Midland this week doing some training for her new job. The cat and I are taking care of ourselves.


Monday morning after Bonnaroo, we took a small side trip to Lynchburg to visit the Jack Daniel Distillery. We both thought it was really interesting. For a little less than $10000 you can actually buy your own barrel of whiskey. It seemed like a bargain to me, but Tiffany wasn't going for it. After we left there, we made a stop at a civil war battlefield outside of Murfreesboro. Generally I like this kind of stuff, but there wasn't much to see at this one. Also, it was hot and we were tired after the long weekend. By the time we got to the hotel in Nashville, we were exhausted.

As I was sitting here typing this, a bird just slammed into the living room windows. It is now laying dead on the back porch. Hopefully I won't get bird flu or anything when I remove it. To be honest it almost scared me to death. I really thought somebody had thrown something at the window. Life gets more interesting everyday.

One more thing: I was really sad to hear about the death of George Carlin on Sunday. He was an amazing comedian who managed to stay relevant and funny for his entire life. He will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment