Monday, June 9, 2008

Summertime Blues





Who would have thought that building the house was the easy part? Getting everything moved and set up is a lot more trouble. Actually, this house is becoming more like a home everyday. We finally saw Indiana Jones last week. I have to say that I was pretty disappointed. They probably should have just stopped at three. All of the Indy movies are pretty cheesy, but this one is covered in it. I do know several people that enjoyed it, so don't let my opinion stop you from seeing it. Lots of people like bad movies; look at the box office numbers for Titanic. Fortunately, Indiana Jones is not the summer movie that I was most looking forward to. That honor belongs to The Dark Knight which opens next month. By then I will have forgotten all about this travesty of a film. In house related news, I finally got all of my speakers mounted in the living room. Now I can critique films from home. We also got our new mattress last week. It's like sleeping on a cloud. Having a king-sized bed is new to us. There is now plenty of room for both of us and the cat. We may have to get walkie talkies to communicate from opposite sides of the bed though. We have a lot to do this week before we leave for Tennessee. In case you haven't read earlier posts, or have a short memory, we are going to the Bonnaroo festival on Thursday. From here, the summer picks up quite a bit. I should have plenty to write about and keep my loyal readers (Mom) satisfied. I will try to squeeze in one more post before we leave, but who knows. If I don't get to it, have a good week. I will talk to you all soon.

2 comments:

  1. Big let down on the Indy film...I like the TV set up...Will have to come see first hand soon....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That new mattress DOES look like it would feel like sleeping on a cloud. I'm glad you finally got it. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete