Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Last Waltz






Remember that we are pretending these updates are current and not something that happened four days ago. In actual time I had to go back to work today, but in my mind I am still on vacation. As long as my mind is there, my blog readers might as well be too.


Sunday was a lot more relaxing than the previous two days. Due to the "Kanye Incident" the night before, we didn't even get out of bed until around 11. When we got to the festival grounds, we took a couple of hours to get some food and try to catch up on anything we had missed. The first performance we watched was by Jakob Dylan. For all you non music fans (why are you reading this), he is Bob Dylan's son. I guess if you aren't a music fan, you may not know Bob either. Whatever. After leaving "This Tent" we headed to "The Other Tent" to catch Aimee Mann. She has an amazing voice that I probably could have listened to all day. At the end of her set, we took the time to ride the ferris wheel. This thing looked a lot less safe than most of the rides at the fair, but I figured if everyone else was doing it why not me. I don't even know what's fun about ferris wheels. It did allow us to get some cool aerial photos of the whole place. After that, we went and scoped out a good spot for Robert Plant and Allison Krauss. This was easily my favorite show of the day, and I liked all of them. Finally around 9 pm Widespread Panic hit the stage. Although not my personal taste in music, I can definitely see why people like it. They played about 3 hours and that ended Bonnaroo for 2008. Tiffany and I will be accepting applications for anyone who wants to go with us next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment