Monday, October 26, 2009

John, Paul, George, Ringo, and Ethan







Has anyone ever seen a rabid watermelon before? Ethan and I came home from running errands the other day to find that the watermelon on the counter was covered in a mysterious white foam. Unfortunately I was responsible enough to clean up the mess, so I don't have a really cool picture to show you. It was only after I wiped everything down that it occurred to me to find the camera. It was sort of crazy bubbling like pouring peroxide on a cut. Also, it smelled bad. Tiffany came home and immediately decided that the watemelon was a goner. I think we should have at least donated it to science, but I have no control over the fruit in this household. I carried it to the giant blue coffin outside, and the next morning he was carried away by some men in a garbage truck. I like to think that he is now resting in that great watermelon patch in the sky. We will miss you, Cujo.


And now for something completely different....

Ethan and I had a pretty good weekend. He has officially figured out how to roll all the way over. I thought it was an accident when he did it on Saturday morning, but I have since seen him do it several times, beginning with an encore performance for his mom who was at work. My cousin Traci was in town, so that afternoon we went by to visit with her and the kids. Granny also joined us, and Tiffany met us after work. Nancy and Danny cooked steak and baked potatoes for everyone, which was better than any plans that I had made for dinner. Sunday was another easy day. Ethan and I did get out to do some things. I was listening to The Beatles in the car, and I'm just going to go out on a limb here and say that he was singing. I don't think he knew all the words, but who knows what those crazy long haired Brits are singing about anyway? I knew Ethan was a rock fan, but now you know. Afterwards, the weather was nice so we took a stroll around the neighborhood. Lots of people were out, and I really enjoy being outside this time of year. Today begins our last week of crazy schedules. Ethan will officially start daycare next week. This should be a good step in returning life to normal. Maybe it just means I will have to get up earlier to take him.

No comments:

Post a Comment