Saturday, October 10, 2009

Really? A Nobel Prize?

It looks like I have a lot of catching up to do. I will do my best to try and remember everything that has happened in the last month. Amazingly, Ethan is still asleep this morning. Things have been crazy busy around here. Tiffany went back to work on September 24. The daycare still doesn't have a spot for Ethan for about another week, so we are doing our best to work opposite shifts. This is doing wonders for our sleep schedules. The cat said she would babysit, but I think she has ulterior motives.


First off, I would like to say Happy Birthday to my Dad today. I wish we were in Oklahoma to celebrate with him, but I'm sure the town of Altus is throwing him a party or something.
The beginning of last week we made a little road trip. Our first stop was San Antonio. My cousin Erin was nice enough to put us up for the night while we took her husband and some friends out to the Metallica show. Tiffany's mom (Oma) went with us and stayed with Ethan while we were gone. The show was one of the best ones we have seen on this tour. Tuesday morning we left San Antonio and headed up I-35 to Dallas. After wandering around a used bookstore for about an hour, we checked into our hotel and got ready for Metallica for the second night in a row. We met Matt and Stephanie at PF Chang for a wonderful dinner. After we ate, we dropped Debbie (Oma) and Ethan back at the hotel and headed to the American Airlines Center. My cousin Morgan and her roommate Angie also met us for this show. We had a great time once again. I know what you're thinking. Maybe their lives haven't changed that much. I will say that we were only able to see Metallica three times this year instead of the four shows that we saw last year. I guess life as we know it is over. We spent the next day at the State Fair eating all kinds of things that we should never eat. The highlights this year were deep fried butter, fried peaches and cream, and fried grilled cheese sandwiches. I think they should probably give you a bottle of Lipitor when you walk through the gate. Seriously, it is the one day of the year that I don't even give a second thought to what I am eating. We all enjoyed ourselves thoroughly, but were exhausted already when we hit the road for home. We took the next day off to regroup. Debbie had to go home, so my parents came to spend the weekend with us. They watched Ethan so that we could work. It's terrible being poor and having to work all the time. I have pretty much worked everyday since then. If I think of anything that happened, I will include it in my next blog. Hopefully it will not be another month. I am also planning on putting some new pictures on Facebook later. Oh, and the baby is awake now.

No comments:

Post a Comment