Monday, February 4, 2008

Rafters!





Tiffany and I were both off this weekend, which is a rare occurence. Saturday we packed up some things around here and moved them to the storage building. I hate the thought of moving everything twice, but we have to get some stuff out of here before we can sell this house. We went to the hospital to see Carl. He is beginning to get a lot more talkative and you can tell he wants out of that bed. Yesterday we went to the Zops Wild Game Feast at the Expo Center. We got some free tickets from a guy at work and decided to go check it out. It really doesn't get more redneck than this. It's a bunch of booths set up cooking pretty much anything you can imagine--deer chili, fried alligator, calf fries (you probably don't want to know), elk hamburgers. You can bring your own cooler of beer in and try anything you want. Hopefully we can score some free tickets again next year. After our roadkill lunch, we went home for a little while. We finally watched the Lost season premiere, which like every other episode of that show went absolutely nowhere. Why can't I stop watching it? After that, we blew off watching the Super Bowl (sue me) and instead opted to go see Juno at the movies. I thought it was hilarious. We love these little indie films, and we haven't been to a movie in quite a while. Actually, I did sneak off and see Rambo last week without Tiffany. I don't care what anyone says--it was awesome. I did Tivo the big game so that we could catch the highlights, including the Tom Petty halftime show. It got my approval and was surprisingly void of wardrobe malfunction. All in all it was a pretty good weekend. It looks like I forgot to mention that we did go see the house. Enjoy, and I will get a few more pictures up in a day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment