Thursday, February 19, 2009

recession?




If the economy is in a bind, there are no signs of it in Las Vegas. Maybe there are a few more penny slot machines than there used to be, but there were plenty of people everywhere. They are still building giant new hotels on the strip. Apparently there are a few people that still have money left. We left a small donation, but it was a still a pretty good trip. Tiffany handled the traveling just fine, even though the flights in were pretty bumpy. The first three nights we went over to the Palms for a semi-concert/comedy/cabaret style show which is a side project of Maynard James Keenan of Tool. The shows were different each night, and I am glad we went to all three. Some of you may find that obsessive or crazy, but isn't that what Las Vegas is about? I promise you we were not the only people that went to all three shows. The weather was cool for a couple of days, so we spent some time shopping and just wandering around inside the hotels. We did manage to see a couple of movies, but the only one worth mentioning is Gran Torino. It was excellent. I have a few more things to say, but I am going end this post here for now. Now that I am back in the real world, I have to do things like go to work. Enjoy your day!
Happy Birthday Sarah!

1 comment:

  1. You are the best! (And I am completely jealous of your trip... I bet you had a blast!!)

    ReplyDelete