Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Two Weeks

It has been two weeks since our baby Ethan was born. It's actually been 15 days, but who's counting. We had another appointment with the pediatrician today. He now weighs 8 pounds and 14 ounces. That means that he has gained 10 ounces in 7 days. I guess he's a hearty eater, just like the rest of the family. They did take some blood to run some tests. Ethan was not thrilled with that whole process. We don't have to go back until September.

We had a busy weekend. There was a lot of family here for my cousin Sarah's bridal shower. Ethan was happy to meet some of his cousins. We also made our first trip out to run a few errands. I thought he did pretty well the whole day. I don't know if I'm ready for all of those strange people trying to catch a glimpse of the baby though. You would think they had never seen one. They probably haven't seen one as good looking as Ethan, but still. Now that I think about it, I think I read somewhere that we shouldn't have him out in public for the first four weeks. Forget everything you just read.

He has been sleeping pretty well most nights, which means we have been sleeping well. Ok, so Tiffany is the one losing the most sleep. She doesn't seem to mind though, and I do help with whatever I can around here. I know there are a lot of you out there who think we have no idea what we are doing. Maybe that's true, but we are figuring it out just like everyone else does. I promise there are worse parents out there.

By the way, I showed Tiffany how to post on the blog. Maybe that will increase the amount of activity around here. Maybe it won't.

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you didn't keep him home and I got to meet Ethan. He is adorable and by the way, I think you are doing great as parents. You are right, everyone has to figure out what works for them!! Looking forward to seeing you again in a couple of weeks. MN

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too funny! That 4 weeks stuff is an old wives tale IMHO. We brought Kimi home on a Friday & Colby Brian wanted to go to Mickey D's for breakfast on Sunday, so off we all went. And you guys will do just fine. Since babies don't come with instruction manuals (and probably wouldn't adhere to them anyway), all new parents have to just go with OTJ training with the first one. Somehow they seem to survive just fine. Actually, I think the baby usually thrives better than the parent. :-) If Ethan is sleeping nights, then you're WAY ahead of the game already! Take care & enjoy that little guy bunches & bunches. Love to all, Betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to know he had a good checkup yesterday. I just can't quit looking at my pictures of him. I do hope you and Tiffany will post often on the blog--we all need your wit and wisom. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete